Tallulah Falls School was founded in 1909 by the Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs and Mrs. Mary Ann Lipscomb, who was serving as the president of the Georgia Federation of Women's Clubs. The School and the Federation have deep roots in the history of secondary education in Georgia.
On July 12, 1909, Tallulah Falls School opened its doors to 21 mountain children from neighboring Habersham and Rabun Counties and continued to serve as both a public and a private institution of learning for more than sixty years. In 1970 the School became a privately chartered institution serving students from throughout Georgia, the Southeast, the nation, and abroad.
1909 Classroom at Tallulah Falls School
Early Students at Tallulah Falls School