News & Announcements
TFS Lady Indians continue rising
After a difficult loss against Lakeview on Jan. 8, the Tallulah Falls School Lady Indians focused on the win in the next two contests, coming out on top over George Walton Christian, 42-31 and Strong Rock Christian, 52-42.
“Our response to Tuesday's loss against Lakeview was tremendous,” said head coach Brandy Corbett. “Our team played with much more confidence on offense and heart on defense.”
According to Corbett, the team nominated junior Lillie Free of Clarkesville for Indian of the Week, based on the outstanding weekend of play she had as the primary point guard.
“Lillie did an excellent job of organizing our team into an offense, making good passes and implementing excellent decision-making with her shot selection,” Corbett said. “Lillie's willingness to get our team into an offense and our team's commitment to running our plays were pivotal in our wins against George Walton Academy and Strong Rock Christian.”
The team is now 13-5 for the season and will be on the road at Commerce and Athens Christian on Jan. 15 and Jan. 18, respectively.
TFS vs. George Walton Christian
- Senior Nyah Williams of Cornelia, 16 points, three deflections
- Sophomore Katy Corbett of Tallulah Falls, 13 points, 14 rebounds, five blocks, three steals
- Junior Lillie Free of Clarkesville, seven points
- Junior Santy Dembele of Tampa, Florida, six points, six rebounds, two steals
TFS vs. Strong Rock Christian
- Senior Nyah Williams of Cornelia, 20 points, three deflections, two steals
- Sophomore Katy Corbett of Tallulah Falls, 11 points, four rebounds, seven assists
- Junior Lillie Free of Clarkesville, 11 points, three rebounds, two steals
- Sophomore Brinson Hall of Mt. Airy, eight points
- Junior Santy Dembele of Tampa, Florida, two points, nine rebounds